The c-section !!! My babies are here !!!


December 28th, 2013

After my meltdown, the nurse came in and of course witness my crying bits. Asked me if I was ok and tried to make me feel better too.  She was very sweet, but I was nervous and there wasn’t much anyone could do to really calm me down.

It was go time. The nurse told me to walk to the O.R. (which was very different than my first section, as with my son, I was wheeled into the operating room). As I walked back, right in front of the first doors, I saw my surgeon and 3 different nurses.

Dr.Esguerra asked me if I liked music and what type. I told him that I did and anything calming would be great. The staff started laughing and told him to make sure it was calming………I guess that wasn’t his style. LOL

I walked into that beautiful, cold O.R. My nurse explained to me where I needed to go and what was about to happen. Dr. Shaffer was there already. She explained to me in details what I needed to do.

The spinal is different than the epidural as there isn’t a line that stays on your back (as it does with the epidural). It’s one shot. She coached me to as soon as she tells me that the needle is out that I needed to help them move my legs up and into the bed and lay flat so the “block” could occur (the block is the area where your body goes numb, so from chest down)

The spinal wasn’t too bad but at the same time it was not a walk in the park. She had to try a couple of spots before she got the right place. I tried my best to push my back out but I just couldn’t be of much help there.

Once she told me that the needle was out, I tried to move my leg. Man she wasn’t kidding. The right leg went up fine, but the left leg was a struggle. I laid down and she stayed by my ears asking me questions. I was feeling fine for a minute or two, but then my shoulders started to hurt BAD. As if my joints were out of place or something.

The anesthesiologist kept talking to me the entire time and she periodically would ask me to squeeze her hands as she did warn and request of me to let her know if my arms went numb or tingling.

Suddenly I felt VERY tired. I was pretty aware of what was going on but I just couldn’t help myself. My words were slurred and I was very very sleepy. Of course the anesthesiologist was very aware of what was going on.
I could hear her telling the doctor how low my heart rate was and how low my blood pressure was.
She kept asking me questions and I tried to answer as much as I could, I could hear myself slurring my words but I couldn’t bring myself to speak normal, it just didn’t work.

Then I got smacked a couple of times. You know what I mean, she had her hands around my face and smacked me a couple of times and said those words that you see in movies “stay with me” !!
Then she called to the doctor saying that she was going to give me some meds to reverse the effect of whatever drug she gave me.

It wasn’t until I was able to talk without slurring my words that they brought Tom into the O.R.

It didn’t take long as when I walked into the O.R. exactly at 1pm.

Tom came in, sat by my side. The anesthesiologist was AWESOME. She narrated the entire thing for me.
It was clear that Tom was nervous, he didn’t look very often but I know he did.

The doctor was also letting me know what he was doing. Then, Dr.Shaffer said, “ok, he’s ready to bring them out”. The doctor said, here she is……..

Suddenly I heard the most BEAUTIFUL scream in the world.

At 1:31pm Izabella Marcondes Bocianski was born and she made sure to let everyone in the hospital know that she made her entrance. They had her NICU team on the outside/post partum area, just so the O.R. wouldn’t be so crowded. They moved her there right away and the entire time we could all hear her.

Meet Izabella !!!

Meet Izabella !!!

Then the doctor said he was going in for baby B. It felt like a long time, but of course it wasn’t.
Again, Dr.Shaffer was narrating everything that was going on and when it was time she said “here she comes!”

At 1:34pm Maya Ellena was born. The problem was that I didn’t hear a single peep out of her.
Of course, I was frantic. I kept looking at Tom asking him if she was ok. He looked over to where she was but wouldn’t say anything to me. Then he looked down to the floor (not sure if he even remember that), I was getting so freaked out.

Meet Maya Ellena

Meet Maya Ellena

Of course, Dr.Shaffer came to the rescue. She started telling me everything that was going on. She explained that Maya was a little shocked and needed a little bit of oxygen and they had a mask over her face and that’s why I wasn’t hearing her, but that she was ok and she was making noises.

They brought in an incubator type of thing to transport her. The nurses came in and told Tom that he could go see them if he wanted and of course he went. He came back to tell me that they were both ok.

Then this magical nurse brought in one of my daughters for me to see. Tom tried to position himself to take a picture of us, and this magical nurse took some pictures. Then my amazing Dr.Shaffer said,  “no, no, let’s do it this way”.
She whisked Izabella from Tom’s arms and brought her to my face so I could smell her and kiss on her.

IMG_0168 IMG_0169

She then positioned her just right so we could take a picture of her with me. It was magical and I thank them both SO MUCH for that moment. Then of course, both babies needed to go to get evaluated as I got stitched up together.

Mommy giving Bella some love

Mommy giving Bella some love

After it was all done, I sat in post-partum for about 2 hours.  That’s when the unfortunate shakes started. Ugh I hate that part. You just can’t control it and your body starts shaking.

Loving on my baby

Loving on my baby

After the 2 hours was up, my amazing nurse wheeled me into the NICU so I could see my babies. There they were, just BEAUTIFUL. I got to touch them (barely as I was still very  numb and in my bed). I spent a little time with them, and then I was taken to my room.

That’s when I first asked for some pain meds. I hate the assessment part of the deal, as they push on your recent cut and sewed back uterus multiple times and it hurts like HELL.

My nurses were amazing. If I remember correctly my labor nurse’s name was Jessica and my post-partum nurse’s name was Jess. LOVED THEM.!



  1. journeyformybaby · January 15, 2014

    U sure looked a lot better than i did after my csec! Ur girls are GORGEOUS!!!!

    • mrs.stork · January 15, 2014

      Thank you so much. I think this section was a lot easier than my first one with only one baby.
      Not sure why but it was.

      • journeyformybaby · January 15, 2014

        It’s great that you can remember so much of it! I don’t remember a whole lot from mine…

      • mrs.stork · January 15, 2014

        I tried so hard to remember all the I could as our pregnancies are so cherished and magical After so many challenges that we have faced.
        Of course I was so nervous that I didn’t think I would remember much.

  2. CatherineK33 · January 2, 2015

    I am so thankful for your baby girls!!! i saw your post on “There was Supposed to be a baby” website. How are they doing now? I had a still born daughter August 2014 at 40 weeks, with no reason why… but your story gives me hope! We’re praying for twins ;o)

    Here is my story in a nutshell:

    • mrs.stork · January 21, 2015

      I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It’s so heartbreaking and so unfair. My heart breaks for you.
      I’m sure our angels are in heaven playing all together.

      Our girls are doing well. the miracle of life is amazing and I’m grateful to have them every single day.
      I’ll pray that you soon will welcome your miracle (s) and they’ll get to stay.
      Sending you a big hug and lots of love.

  3. journeyformybaby · August 12, 2015

    Any updates? I know you have your hands full but would love to hear from you.

    • mrs.stork · August 12, 2015

      How sweet of you to ask. Life has been crazy and I keep meaning to update and it ends up not getting done.
      My girls are 17 months now and full of personalities. My son just started Kindergarten this week and that has gotten me freaked out.
      Life is going well just very busy. I’ll update more soon. Hope all is well with everyone

      • journeyformybaby · August 12, 2015

        I understand! I just have 2 and my updates are more and more sparse as the days run together. 🙂

        Glad to hear you are all well!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s